Friday 30 September 2016

38 days later...

I'm still going with my 100 days challenge this year - and we're already 38 days in!  Time flies when you're having fun!

With a few days on and off (out of town, etc) I do have a small handful of days to catch up on, but I am glad to have made this open medium and not lock myself down to one thing.  In 2014 it was all 3D - and while I could have done this again this year, I like that I can go and do what I feel like.


At this stage, I've been drawing - and like I talked about in this older blog post, I find its immensely relaxing and theraputic.  I'm picking films and TV shows at the moment, and trying my hand at bashing out a pen scribble here and there.

Strangely I prefer scribbling with a ballpoint to using a pencil.  Obviously I can't erase pen the same as I can with pencil, but there is something in that scribbly mess that appeals to me.  I have done some cleanup after scanning these - though mostly that's the central guide lines I lay down (hey, who wants to see a line through the middle of a face anyway) but most of the scrawl is left untouched.

With some of these, I found a splash of colour also made a difference to the piece.

After a long day of teaching 3D, I think its a great way to wind down in the evening...

Its not been all roses...

Obviously there's been some ups and downs in the drawing quality - sometimes I just have to bash something out to meet the daily challenge - but I'm actually enjoying this process more then any other medium.  If you want to check out my 100 day project, the link is here.  For now, I'm just going to post up a collection of a few of the various scribbles I've done so far...





Not over yet...

Only 72 days left!  Better go buy a few more pens... lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment